Image via Davinci Bridal
You’ve been planning your wedding for months. You’ve dotted every “i” and crossed every “t.” Now the big day is finally here and you’re wondering what to bring as back up. While there are several options for purchasing ready-made bridal emergency kits (such as the one pictured above), here’s a list of what to include if you choose to go the DIY route.
- Mouthwash, Gum, & Mints: For that much anticipated kiss to seal the deal.
- Dental Floss or Picks: For that food you “saved for later.”
- Lint Brush: Helpful for both the groomsmen and ring bearer.
- Clear Nail Polish: For nail touch ups and that pesky run in the panty hose
- Bobby Pins & Hair Ties: After all the time you spent in the salon, you will want every hair in place.
- Safety Pins & Travel Sewing Kit: You never know when a dress strap can snap or a hem can come undone.
- Hairspray or Hair Balm: For those pesky fly-aways.
- Static Spray: With all that tulle underskirt and layers upon layers of fabric, there’s bound to be some static.
- Granola Bars (or some other form of snack): We don’t want that blood sugar low, now do we?
- Bottled Water: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
- Straws: So as not to mess up that pretty lipstick.
- Tylenol: For the headache when you realize you’ve been too busy/nervous to eat all morning.
- Deoderant: ‘Nuff said.
- Lotion: For dry skin
- Tweezers: Good for stray hairs and retrieving splinters.
- Nail File & Clippers: For last minute mani/pedi touch ups.
- Oil Blotting Papers: Get rid of that shiny nose with oil absorbing papers.
- Tissues: I can never make it through a wedding without crying… I don’t know about you.
- Tide Pen: Pregamed a little too hard and spilled on the dress? Don’t let that stain get you down.
- Bandaids & Mini-First Aid Kit: For any mishaps that should arise.
- Eye Drops: No one wants blood shot eyes in all those wedding photos.
- Earring Backs: For the earring back that you will inevitably lose.
These items can be life savers for whatever comes your way. Want to add to this list? Leave a comment below!